From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:43:14 -0400
Hi, Y' all,

Listen up.  The Keene Ferret Meet-Up had six people in attendance last
Saturday, representing three states.  We had a wonderful time, talking
about our ferrets, and it was nice to meet with other "ferret people'.

Before the Meet-Up, a few of us met at Ferretwise for a Newsletter work
session.  Any task, done with a friend, with laughter and small talk,
makes the chore a pleasure.

On another note, I have a ferret who is greiving, won't eat, and requires
a lot of personal attention.  That's my job!!!  She is addicted to
nicotine, and I am rubbing cigarette butts on my fingers, started with a
lot, but doing less and less, and she will lick her whole dish of food
off of my smokey hand.  She also wants it warm.  I got it, I got it, I
bought a small hot plate for my desk at work and, it keeps my coffee
warm while I work.  Well it used to.

If any of you have ferrets that are sickly, and you want to keep their
food warm, get one of these little coffee warmers.  It is a great
investment if you never use it.  I put her dish on that, and we can take
our time (one half hour) to eat our chicken (Only Beech Nut please) (with
a little duck soup, ferretone, and bovine colunstum thrown in that she
does not know is in there.) She has to chew each few licks of soup, wipe
her whiskers on me, look around, while the soup used to get cold.  If I
added more hot water, it became colored water, and she didn't want it.
This is a great idea, and not because I thought of it.

Just thought I'd pass this along, I don't want to fight with anyone about
what is going on, I just want to make what you are doing easier.  If you
are in the NH area, around the third Saturday in October, watch this
column, Alicia will be posting the next Ferret Meet UP..Hope to see you
there, rubbing elbows with the ferret people, we are the ones with the
pointy little faces..

Marilyn and the gang at Ledoux Hospice.