From:
Lady Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:40:38 -0400
All three of my boys are as quirky as the next fuzzy.  I have to wear
leggings when they're out so they can climb up mount Mom.  I've learned
not to wear shorts because they don't know the difference and try to
climb me anyway.

Trouble is the only one of our boys who mocks you when you scold him.
He actually looks you in the eye, flaps his jaw and tilts his head when
you pick him up and tell him NO.  He continues until you put him down.
Trouble also knows he's a sexy beast; he poses for photos.  He posed for
nine in a row last week.  He's addicted to Hyperfur Cheweasel ferret
chews.  We have to hack a small piece off and give it to him as a treat.
When we give him the entire wheel, he "gets all secretive and weird" as
my husband describes it.  He hides the wheel and stays with it, emerging
occasionally to dart across the room heading for a new hiding place with
it in his mouth.  We call Cheweasels ferret crack.

Mischief is very sweet.  He has the weirdest thing for blister packaging.
He doesn't care if the item in it is a toy, a brush, or something not for
babies, all he wants is the packaging.  I've bought Remote Controlled
cars, a Remote Controlled Mouse, a Wild Tail ball, and various other
expensive toys.  He plays with the toys for a week, but he still hides
the packaging under the couch every day.

Kaos, the only ferret I've ever seen who looks like an armadillo, thinks
he's a professional wrestler.  He must watch TV with his Daddy on
Thursday nights, because every time he plays with his brothers he gets
above them and drops flat down on them for the pin.  This same overweight
boy couldn't climb the ramps the day he came home, because he didn't have
the muscle tone.

My boys do have one bad learned habit: They believe that Mom will catch
them every time the fall.  That has lead to some wild diving catches with
my off hand from across the room because they're so blasE about falling.

Quirks or no all that really matters is that they're our boys, and we
love them.

GEC @};~ and the Three Musteteers; Athos {Mischief}, Porthos {Kaos} and
Aramis {Trouble}