Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:25:39 -0000
I was contacted by a couple who wanted to adopt one of our fosters.
When I inquired about their ferret knowledge, I was informed that the
gentleman did because he was a native Argentinean (from Mendosa) where
"ferrets live in the wild."  He said that ferrets are called "hurones"
there & that they grow to 15 lbs.  Also that they're popular pets, but
nobody buys them.  They gave me the following web pages, but I can't
read them.

http://groups.msn.com/hurones/col.msnw
http://www.geocities.com/fotosaves/FotosMamiferos/FotosCarnivora.html

The 1st page looks like personal pets.  But the 2nd site looks like
hurones (ferrets) are listed as native carnivores.

Do we have any Argentinean members who can shed some light on this?  Or
can anyone translate?  I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to
know, so please post it for everyone.

Thanks,

Juliana Quadrozzi
FERRET BUSINESS of GA