From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:18:00 -0800
I want to tell you about a unique situation we had up here today.  A
little bit ago, a little ferret named Chatters crossed the bridge.
Everything went like clockwork.  He wasn't startled at all, he was
relieved to feel like a kit again, he enjoyed the tour, and he was doing
really good with his flying lessons.  He really seemed happy up here,
among all his new friends.  We all were enjoying his company and watched
him explore all the wonder up here.  He really loves hunting for toys in
the huge billowy kind of clouds, and spent a lot of time doing that.  But
he came to me today, with his halo freshly shined, to ask me for a favor.

Seems like a friend of his Mommies, named Chris, is up in heaven now.
And this got him to thinking that he misses hoomin's a lot more than he
thought he would.  I told him that in time, his loving family would be up
here to hold him again.  But the little scamp is a bit impatient!  So I
told him that up in the clouds, was a new thing to hunt.  I told him that
if he ferreted through the clouds enough, maybe he'd find patience.  Lol.
He was too smart for that, and just gave me a very skeptical look.  So I
tried something else.  I told him to try letting the Big Boss rock him to
sleep instead of just hanging out in hammy land.  But he assured me that
he was already doing that.  He still wanted people.  He pushed on to
ask, if there was any way he could go live with the people.

I really had never had something like this happen.  Even the most people
oriented ferret usually comes up here and is reborn.  They automatically
feel all of the companionship and love up here and everything is okay.
Chatters felt all of that and nothing was wrong.  But he felt something
was missing.  He told me he wanted to snuggle in somebodies arms once
again, and he asked me if maybe he could get temporary wings that would
allow him to cross over to people land so he could try to find this
Chris.  And it occured to me.  He didn't need a pass or anything.  Any
loved one can come and join a pet at the bridge.  He was so excited, he
didn't even wait for Chris to be notified.  He wanted his arrival to be
a big suprise.  So I sent him to the cloud spa's.  He bathed in bath
clouds, had his nails clipped, ears done, hair brushed, teeth bleached,
pad's lotioned, tail fluffed, and had a whole make over.  Lastly, we
gave him a rainbow colored halo, and matching wings.  We all gathered to
give him a huge, huge send off!  And with all of us chanting, "Dook ....
Dook ..... Dook ..." he gave us a wink, and charged the skies to go to
human land and to surpise Chris!

So right now, as I speak, Chris has met with Chatters and they are
cuddled up together, napping with great smiles.  They are not alone.
And Chatters got his wish ... arms to hold him again.

Sandee