From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:32:31 EST
I didn't get home last night until 11:45 thus no email to you all about
the day with Hope.

I'm reeling at the moment, trying to get my head and heart around this
thing.  They did 2 xrays and then a barium xray.  I was there until 7:30
PM waiting on those results.

There was impingement from the outside on the small intestine.  She went
into surgery this morning at 8:30.  He essentially took a biopsy and
closed her up as there is cancer all the way thru her.  He feels because
she had so much energy and vigor, and ate so well, that she has some
quality time IF the meds work.  She'll have to be on anti-inflammatories
as that's why she's having to go potty all the time...it's inflamed.
There is bowel movement.  We'll know better what meds to use after the
biopsy comes back with type of cancer.  Whatever it is, time is limited
of course.

I thought perhaps she'd be the ferret to live to be an old lady.  She's
6...I haven't had a ferret live beyond 6 years old.  What the hell am I
doing?

Thanks for caring...so much for f**king positive thinking...it surely
didn't work this time.   [Edited.  BIG]

Barb