From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:22:41 EST
>I have been trying to come up creative ideas for giving my little guy
>pred medication.  I use the dropper.  He is getting stronger and
>fighting me more.  This mornng, I am not sure if he actually got it or
>if he and I were wearing it.  HeI never took to baby food and he is
>eating his own food VERY well and I haven't had to use duck soup.  Any
>ideas?

This is one of the reasons why I feed soup to all of my well ferrets as a
habit.  They get used to it and love it.  They actually look forward to
their soup at night before I go to bed.  Hope is getting Pred now.  The
Pred she's taking is the unflavored kind as my vet said that the flavored
ones have become exorbitant in price.  (Does anyone know anything about
that?)  Now the unflavored tastes like you know what!  I mix it in the
soup and she chows it down with no problems.  Actually, I take about 3
teaspoons of soup to mix the meds in in order to make sure she gets it
all down.  I then give her the rest of the bowl of soup.

Perhaps if you tried him with soup (without meds first) and once he's
used to the soup, add the Pred to it.

Barb and her 6 whirling dervishes...
Hope, Cher, Jake, Kate, Sam and Tess