From:
Marla Wadsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:39:51 -0400
Something strange has happened to my ferret Teddy Bear over the past two
weeks...two weeks ago he started becoming lethargic so I took him to the
vet.  There was some diaherra and he was put on Baytrl for an intestinal
infection..he didn't snap out of it so we went back to the vet and a mass
was found under the right upper leg in the area of the lymph node..we
opted for surgery because Teddy isn't even a year old...Glucose level was
good...surgery went well and the mass was an abcess that was infected but
had not spread and no cancer was involved.

He came home was starting to brighten up and got lethargic again and
now there is a mass in the abdominal area altho the doctor is still
holding out that it may be an infection because it just appeared after
the surgery and is sensitive to touch.  He cannot get enough blood to
do a count and the situation has us all stumped because he is so young
and this was all so sudden.  He has been drinking and eating some duck
soup...Can anyone help please?

I don't want him put down until everything possible has been tried...

thank you...
Marla