From:
Leeanne Pallazola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:06:43 EDT
Hi all,
Lurker and listener and sometimes advice giver now needs some help.

My female Fenway was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy on Monday.  She is
seven years old.  I had started seeing the signs a few days before and
thought they were symptoms of her insulinoma.  She has been at the vet
hospital since.

Her chest was drained of about 2 oz.  of fluid and she has been put on
lasix.  They x -rayed again today and found more fluid.  They are going
to start her on heart meds, digoxin, I believe.  They start these
tomorrow.  The vet said that if she shows no signs of improvement by
Friday, then I should consider....well...you know.

Is by Friday enough time to show improvement??  Or should the wait be
longer??  I have no experience with this particular disease.  Fenway has
had both adrenal surgeries, pancreas surgery, and her spleen and part
of her liver removed.  Four surgeries is enough for this tiny 1 1/2 lb.
girl.  Although, I will do whatever is necessary for her quality of life.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, prayers also.

You all are the best support!

Leeanne and little Fenway
   (and added yesterday, "Tucket" and "Vinny")