Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:25:42 -0700
Thanks to all who shared your opinions and thoughts about this very
delicate subject of ferret fur/pelts/fitch in a mature manner.  I don't
think I read anything that totally shocked my conscience anyway; even
from those whose stand differed from mine as I'm not above being able
to 'agree to disagree.'  Moreso, the comments and information really
helped me to better understand the history and heritage of my fuzzies -
this will definitely help me when they begin asking those very tough
questions ... (is a parent EVER prepared for this???)

"Mommy, where did I come from?"

"Sasha says we all have our own family tree; was I really born in a tree?"

"Where's my tree?"

"If you're my mommy, how come I have fur and you don't?"

Seriously though, the ferret history was very enlightening - thank you
very much to those who took the time to expound on it.

I believe there have been many valid, logical points discussed, which
make it all the more challenging to know where to personally draw the
line in my own moral & ethical belief system.  All I can do is speak for
myself and give a voice to my fuzzies (who, by the way, would rather not
see their dead relatives being paraded around on a human).

The only fur in my household will remain permanently attached to my
fuzzies as long as I'm in charge here but if they choose to shave their
heads or something crazy like that while 'the mouse and Big Cheese' is
away, what can I do?  I can hear them now, "Ah, come on Mom ... it'll
grow back.  I promise!"

And as Pam so eloquently stated, "Fur is beautiful but only when it is
worn by the original owner."  My sentiments EXACTLY!

Jennifer and the dynamic duo, Sasha & Snowball