From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:21:34 -0700
Hello to everyone,

To the person traveling to California with ferrets -  this is just my
opinion.

I am way too 'chicken' to even think of sneaking my ferrets across the
line.  The risks seem huge to me, although I have been waved through
(without ferrets) many times.

On the webside http://www.ferretsanonymous.com, there is a section on
"avoiding the checkpoints".  I have only used the one from Reno, but it
was very accurate and took almost no extra time.  Please check it out and
see if one of the alternatives fits your route.

Don't hesitate to find a ferret knowledgeable vet.  I've observed no risk
at all from taking my fuzzies to a very good vet.

Good luck, and welcome to California - in spite of its obvious
shortcomings.

Shirley