From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:33:49 -0800
I am looking for advice from the real experts, on dealing with a ferret
that is the worst (or best) biter we have yet dealt with.

We have had "biters" before, but they turned out to be "nippers" at best,
and only wanted to play.  Given proper instruction, they overcame their
nippy tendencies, and are now great ferrets.

This ferret called Normie, we call him Vlad (the Impaler)(of Dracula
fame) seems to relish going for the flesh whenever he can find an
unsuspecting victim.

History:
A group of 3 males, about 1-2 years old.  It seems that they were given
very little attention by the previous owner.  At one point, Normie (who
appears to be deaf...trying to confirm) bit a girl.  It was reported to
some agency (owner was confused) and she was told to quarantine him for
two (2) weeks.  It appears that the "quarantine" was accomplished by
leaving him alone in a cage for the two weeks, no out time, no
interaction with ferrets brothers or people, other than to feed and
water.  She then gave the group up, and now he is "someone else'
problem".

He is a beautiful boy, but I think he has some "issues".

Any suggestions??

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from