From:
John E Connell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:21:34 -0500
Greetings Fellow Ferret Folks, from the Michigan icebox!!!!

I had read here a few days ago (can't remember the day or whom) about
someone had a ferret who would shoot out of bed extremely fast and begin
a "Thumper the Rabbit" imitation by scratching quite aggressively.

I have six boys who do the same thing.  I am at a loss to what I can do
to alleviate their torment.  Is this a normal behavior for ferts?  They
are parasite free, eat a good diet and love their f-tone.  I am leaning
towards the possibility of the "itchies" that come with the healing of
small "neck biter wounds" from over zealous play.

Anybody have any insight as to why these sweeties scratch to beat the
band?

Peace,
John

Oscar (Meyer Weezil)
Rascal (da Weezil)
Rogue (Snoop Roguey Dogue)
Ruckus (Ruck and Roll)
Samuel and
Toebi(tus)

Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.  If you
want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not
even an animal.  Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little
luxuries; avoid all entanglements.  Lock it up safe in the casket or
coffin of your selfishness.  But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless,
airless, it will change.  It will not be broken; it will become
unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.  To love is to be vulnerable.
C. S. Lewis