From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:19:50 EST
The 10 have arrived.  6 jills and 4 hobs.  All beautiful and basically
sweet.  The 7 kits were born May 2nd at 11:45 pm, from both the older
jills.  The original moms and the big daddy are 3 1/2 yrs old.  All are
going to the vet on Monday and we will start getting them all fixed up
and ready to find forever homes.

My living room smells quite musky as the 3 baby boys are in rut and
stinking up a storm.  They were all living in a small 3 story cage
together, from what I was told it was very dirty.  They were not abused
or starved, in fact they all seem in great health.  They were neglected
a bit and not kept up very well, which to me is a type of abuse.  But in
no way I believe the owners meant the ferrets any harm.  They called me
because they knew that they could no longer keep them in a proper manner.

As soon as possible I will get thier pics posted.

I want to thank everyone who responed to try and help with taking in some
old folks and fundraising.  We have 3 ferrets going into foster homes
this weekend, and more that may be needing transport out of state to
forever homes.

The day after the 10 arrived, 4 old timers were dumped on me at my work
the next night.  Three, 5 yr old adrenal ferrets, they came in together,
and a 9 yr old blind ferret.  one of my ferret friends just happened to
come by the store for supplies and saw Grandpa Mittens, heard his story
and she took him right then and there to come live out the rest of his
life with her and her family.  she was cussing me out all the way to the
car, but thats ok, he is going to be in great hands, it was worth the
cussing out, lol.

i'll keep everyone posted as things progress, but I have very limited
time to sit at the computer.  I may have friends that know whats going
on do the posting if they can.

You all have be so supportive and I really thank you for that.  Special
thanks to Ingred, Ed, Sandy, Brenda, Dave, Cindy, Robin, Julie and Erin
for giving me a shoulder to cry on and the strength to get through the
tough times.

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat ferret Rescue and shelter