From:
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:41:37 EST
It is with a very heavy heart that I'm writing about the passing of
Pudgy, the original princess of 24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter.

Pudgy came to me in 1997 when Chyna Monkey ran away.  In search of her I
found Pudgy.  i was placing a lost ferret sign in the window of a local
thrift store when an employee told me she had a ferret that she could no
longer keep because she just had a baby.  Thinking I may never see Chyna
again, i went to look at her ferret.  I found Pudgy curled up in a ball
in a kitchen drawer.  she was a sweet, fat little Dark Eyed White.  Pudgy
woke up in my arms yawned and gave me a kiss.  It was a done deal, she
was comming home to live with Bandit the Original first ferret, and
Brownie another ferret that came to me while Chyna was lost.  when Chyna
came home she found two new ferrets to become part of the family.

From the first day Pudgy was always in need of medical attention,
sometimes I think it was for attention.  After doing a full body
ultrasound, bloodwork and x-rays because she was losing weight, we found
nothing wrong and she immediatly felt better.  She was my drama queen and
hyrocondriac (sp?).  she would follow me around the house and then pose,
like she was Marylin Monroe or Madonna, she would get your attention one
way or another.

Pudgy spent the last year of her life fighting adrenal disease, but
because of her weak heart and lung problems, she was not a surgery
canidate.  We did her Lupron injections regularly.

The last few weeks she slowed down quite a bit, I dreaded every day,
knowing her time with me was comming to an end.

I went to work on Sunday, not feeling good, having chest pains, knowing
that Pudgy was home and may not make it through the day.  She was not in
pain, but just tired.

I left work after an hour, came home to be with her.  There were friends
at the house and when everyone left, me and Pudgy laid down on the bed
and rested.  Pudgy never arose from her nap, she died peacefully.

Pudgy was estimated to be between 8 and 9 yrs old.  she will be joining
her big brother Bandit that passed away in Dec 2001, and her sister
Brownie who passed away last fall.  she is survived by her older sister
Chyna Monkey.  Luckly both the girls accepted two older adrenal boys into
their home and now Chyna will not be all alone.  She is the last of the
original ferrets, part of the 4 that gave me the reason to become a
shelter to help other ferrets.  My sweet, sweet, Pudgy, you are so missed
, your were mommas little girly girl, a true Princess.  I will miss your
kisses and your silly posing at my feet.  Give all the shelter kids a
kiss for me when you see them in Ferret Heaven.

I love you so much my sweet angel.  You will never be forgotten, and you
will live forever in my heart.

Hugs and Kiss from your mommy, xoxoxo