From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:01:38 -0400
I was asked why I chose a lama for the ferret.  It just seemed natural
from my life experience, though I am sure that varies all over the board
for each of us.  It was a joy of life post, and of the assorted religious
people I've known or met in life two had an above average level of joy: a
rabbi and an army Catholic priest, and a few had strong joy in life: one
being an Anglican Franciscan monk and the others being Buddist lamas.
That's why the choice: it just fit my pattern of where I have seen joy
and for me some of the strongest things about ferrets are their lessons
in joy.  Your experiences may well vary from mine so you may assign the
compliment elsewhere.

Sorry about all the typos recently; just have been tired due to having a
bit more to get done than my time can comfortably allow.  We've all been
there at one point or another (or perhaps I should say "and another").
The funny thing is that one of my typos worked; it was one of those
amusing situations in which what I meant to type and what I actually did
type each work.

Sneezing: ferrets get into a lot of dust anywhere, but they also make
themselves sneeze at times to help loosen musk from teh glands that
are near teh ears (behind them and bit down) which is one eeason they
sometimes make themselves sneeze or blow their noses when they face wash
with their hands to spread scent.  (This is why it is easy to teach many
of them to use a cloth handkerchief as a trick.) After a ferret sneezes
sniff near the ears and you will n otice a mild increase in scent.