From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:21:01 EDT
I'm also a petsmart shopper.  So far the one's I've seen carry EVERYTHING
I could ever want (and lots more that we really don't need...) and of the
three I've been to around here they're all very clean and the few animals
that they do sell are kept in large enough spaces with plenty of food.

RE: vaccinations.  Kiki got hers last year and went into anaphalactic
shock.  I've read all the medical (and legal) reasons for shots, but
I'm afraid to take her to get them.  I've heard of benadryl being given
before the shots, but I would rather hear from others that have the same
situation.  I just don't want to take any risks that I don't have to, but
we do like to go for "walks" (never usually make it past the yard) and I
know with her going outside occasionally she's likely to be exposed to so
much more...

RE: My PART TIME JOB It's good to know that people like you are involved
as well.  I would hope that the synicism that has tagged this company
will apply only to the corporation and not to the individuals that truly
care about the animals they work with.  I'm sure that the corporate suits
don't take advice or suggestions from you and you have no controll over
how the company is run, but we need more people like you on the inside.
Maybe someday you'll decide that the cause is worth so much that you'll
be there full time with the satisfaction that for at least 40 hours a
week those animals are getting the attention they deserve.  Maybe then
you (or someone with your sense of compassion and concern ) will get into
management and can make sure that while not every store in the company is
run perfectly the one you're involved with is.  Change comes gradually
from within and maybe someday you can have an impact that our unknown
faces can't.  I'm not saying we shouldn't try.  But I would think you're
special.  You have available to you a networking system that if you
utilize might make some difference.  Things aren't going to change
overnight and it's dissapointing to see several FMLers acting so hostilly
toward each other when it does no good to the cause.  Communication and
Respect are the most vital allies we have.

 :-) Kiki has just discovered a new "sport" bubblewrap ballet.  I haven't
trimmed her nails this week yet and they're a bit sharp.  Anyway I'm in
here typing and reading the FML and she's unravelled a roll of bubblewrap
and is weaselwardancing all over it.  It's a riot.  I'm afraid it's not
the safest thing to play with, so it's definately a supervised sport...
Would be great for the funniest pet videos on animal planet... if only I
had a video camera and a little tutu...