From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:34:04 -0700
I would like to thank everybody who responded to my request for input on
which types of foods or treats will help a ferret regain weight lost due
to an illness.

We ended up making our own version of Duck Soup, consisting primarily of
crushed Totally Ferret, as well as cooked ground chicken, Ferretone, a
bit of heavy whipping cream and enough water to keep it semi-liquid.

At first the weasel for whom this treat was intended refused to partake;
a little convincing was necessary... Even after she realized she liked
the stuff she'll eat it only if we hand-feed it to her spoonful by
spoonful.  Still, she loves the stuff.  It's been about 10 days now and
she's regained all the weight she lost, not to mention all her energy and
ferretude.  For a while there, a couple of weeks ago, I didn't think
she'd pull through, partly because she's seven and a half.  I'm amazed at
her quick recovery.

I should add that my husband, once he got his first look at a bowl full
of the home-made liquefied weasel weight gain formula, thought up the
perfect name for it: Stoatmeal.

Claudia in CA