From:
Nathania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:52:46 +0200
hey all

well, a little update on my ferret family.  I wrote a few weeks ago, to
let you all know i was a new ferret owner and i had just gotten my first
, Calypso.  She is doing well, but i felt like she needed the company of
another fuzzy.  I just adopted an altered male, a few months older than
her.  So far (just got him a few hours ago), they are getting along well
-- they play and chase each other around.  Yet i'm a little concerned
because Calypso won't stop hissing at him.  She is quite a dooker and a
hisser- she dooks non stop whenever she's happy, and she hisses whenever
i bug her.  But with this guy, she can be playing with him, and won't
stop hissing.  All the research i've done indicates that hissing is
something negative- that the ferret is annoyed.  Is this normal?  Will
she hiss at him until she gets used to him or will she continue to do it
since she doesn't like him?  I am really not sure and i could use any
advice you could give.  So far, no fighting, but I am worried that there
might be some, if she keeps this up.

I'd ge very grateful if anyone has any comments or suggestions!

thanks
Nathania, Calypso and the new guy without a name as of yet :)