Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:43:43 EDT
This shelter has no more regular cages.  All are filled.  One of the
ferrets is stuck in a small cage that would be used for a day at a ferret
show.  It is not a size for a ferret for everyday.  But there are no more
roomy cages.  There is no money..  And the abandoned ferrets at this
shelter just keep pouring in.

This small cage houses a handsome plump silken bigger boy that was yet
another stray found.  Dumping ferrets in 100 degree heat must be a popular
fad here in Illinois.  He is safe here.  But the small cage piled in the
corner way up high is a sad home.

Norm- the ferret God of GCFA, named him Waldo.  Waldo-like the character
in the book- ''Where's Waldo?' of ten zillion people?  You have to find
where Waldo is on each page.  It is like that with 119 ferrets here.

Where's Waldo?

Cramped in a small cage in a sea of cages in rooms filled with cages?

                             Nope.

He is in my bed.  He is in my home.  He is in my heart.

To see this living being who cuddles in my arms for hours who may have
lived at the shelter for years of his gentle life-go to www.GCFA.com and
click on shelter ferrets.  Look on the right side for a picture of WALDO.
He is as placid and sweet as he is handsome.

Thank you Patty for letting me know his picture was there, and for the
web site at GCFA.  Thank you Norm for working 6 days a week for 11 hours
a day or more to try and care for the barage of ferrets being dumped.
Thank you Noreen for your compassion for ferrets and the long day a week
you spend picking up abandoned ferrets.  For getting them to the vets,
giving them baths, and settling them into the shelters over burdened wall
to wall, floor to ceiling cages.  For holding these small lives in their
final moments.