From:
Kimberly Gunderson/Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 07:38:07 -0700
This is for Lydia (congrats on having the stamina to take your buds with
you!)  We took ours on a cross country trip and here is what we did.  We
took two cars, so that they could have their entire cage in the back of
our Explorer.  We took along the following: Bottled water (in cooler).
Litter, Bandit snacks, yogies, fresh food in a ziploc bag (made it easier
to get at), ferravite (for the kids to reach over the seat and treat
with), a small battery operated fan, a small battery operated light,
extra "socks" for them to mangle along the way, a ferret "nap sack with
velcro" - to sneak into hotels (grins), leashes for walks along the way,
extra collars.  We stopped quite a bit, along the way - to enable them to
get out of the cage and "stretch".  At alot of the rest stops along the
way - they had hand pumps (water).  The kids really enjoyed getting a
little "splash and dash".  We kept all their food and treats in ziploc
baggies - to keep em fresh and be readily handy.  Hope this helps and
that your guys do as wonderful as ours did!

Kimberly Gorman