From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:32:30 -0500
I've already made my plans, years ago, just in case, I wanted to be
ready...

I have plans drawn up for a large 3500 sq ft (ground level - doesn't
include basement) in a box shape with the very inside of the box being
open to a courtyard that allow the ferrets free roam there as well as in
the house.  One entire wing would be set up with sections for special
needs ferrets that couldn't run with the group for some reason.  Each
section contains a dresser with open bottom from behind to sleep under, a
cage for hanging hammocks and water bottles, food and water bowls, their
very own door to their very own sectioned off section in the courtyard,
room for tubes and toys...

The ferrets in the main house will all be special needs, such as large
groups that couldn't find a home, old, ailing, behavior problems.

The house will sit on as many acres, with small homes positioned all
around discreetly (for privacy of occupants) and the homes will be
occupied by ferret helpers and their own ferrets.  All homes will be
built ferret safe with attached outside enclosures.  I, of course, will
live in the main house and spend my time caring and loving the ferrets,
working on ferret issues nationwide, and writing stories and books. :-)

From house to house their will be winding walk trails that include names
such as Hob Lane, Kit Korner, Sprite Circle, etc.  Trails will be
surrounded by beautiful flowering shrubs and flowers and trees.

The garage will be at the entrance to the land and a covered walk will
lead from the garage to the main house.  Depending on the distance we
might include golf carts for transport.

The entire acreage will be fenced and trees will line the fenceline.

There will also be a home outside the main gate - the gate keepers home.
:-)

I thought about a home for our vet and his services, but that would take
him away from others that need him too so we'd work something out a bit
differently such as him coming to us a couple days a week.

Ummm.... maybe I need 5 million....

hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services