From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:44:05 -0500
It is with a very heavy heart, that i must inform you that my Bandit has
gone to the Rainbow Bridge today, he passed away roughly around 11 a.m.,
the hospital being just a few blocks away, we still couldn't make it in
time after the call from his doctor, he was gone when we got there.  They
gave him the best, of care that they could & for that i am grateful.

For all of you, it never gets any easier with losing one or losing many,
for they all have different personalities.  Bandits loss is deeply felt,
for he was the first in our lives, he came with Jalepeno & Zeus, why 3,
because, if we took one, then he wouldn't have a playmate, and if we took
only 2 then the other would be left alone.  (my ferret math), so we took
all 3 of them!  and they never complained when there was a newcomer here,
who needed a family.  They knew there was plenty of love to go around for
all.  I guess that is why this house is always never immaculate, i am
always being distracted by a ferret begging for
gravy/raisins/cheerios/bandit treats or just some old fashioned cuddlin.
But one must have their priorities, and i guess mine was my ferrets/cats &
dog.  So, we ate out more than in?  Sure...what a good excuse to try
something new, and no one complained.

Bandit rallied, to let me know how much he loved me, trying to take my lip
after kissing it under the towel he was covered with.  He ate, he drank,
but he was too weak, to survive, his wee little heart was broken, beyond
repair.  I think of the movie, the Awakening.  There were ferret angels
everywhere that day, here in Kenosha.  I found out from Doodlebugs mommy,
that they fly little golden helicopters!!!  My Bandit now has wings and a
pilots license.  Of course he has Snoopys goggles and scarf too, that is
the way i will see him in my thoughts from this day on.  He wanted me to
remember him, this way, alert, and happy, not broken and failing.  My
sweet, Bandit boy, forever in my heart, has now joined his other
companions, Athena, Odysseus, Diana, Felicia, Angel and Roxie, and i have
been reassured that he and Zorro are together too, as well as getting to
know the whole Rainbow Bridge gang.  My star twinkles in the night sky for
me, a candle burns bright and my beloved Bandit rest peacefully, i was
reassured that he probably felt no pain in his passing, it was quiet and
peaceful.  My engraving tool in hand, i carve yet another name on my
granite wall, he wasn't a rescue, but he rescued me.

Have fun @ the Rainbow Bridge my dearest buddy.  My Bambit.  I will love
you forever.

Your mommy

Sandee, please show Bandit around the Rainbow Bridge, i am sure that he
is no longer the balding little fellow he became here, and he could would
love a sweatshirt if you please, he always found his way into mine or his
daddies.  Find Athena, Odysseus, Angel, Diana, Roxie and Felicia for him
too.  They all loved gravy and raisins ...tell them all that i love and
miss them, that they are always in my heart.