From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:31:10 -0700
Do you believe in ferret angels?  ?  I do, why you may ask, because now
that my Bandit has SMOTHER'D me with kisses, and tried to haul my lip
into the hidey hole in the towely blanket he was resting on/under, i have
had time to think about all the events of the past 2 days.

My Bandit was dying.  and they ( those ferret angels)were whispering in my
ear, take him NOW!  !  I tried to get him to the vet he had been seeing,
and...we just kept getting put on hold, so to speak.  I sent email copies
and an urgent letter with my daughter to work, for the vet, URGENT!!!
and at first gave her 60 minutes to respond, and the voices in my head
told me, there is not enough time, you have to take him NOW!!!

My home that day was full of them, messengers sent by my heavenly father
to me, they followed us to the Kenosha Animal Hospital and stayed with Dr.
Regner and Bandit, while she tried her best to save his life.  She said
when i spoke to her, that there was someone looking out for him as she
looked up at the ceiling.  She did not think she would be able to insert
the iv needle into a vein, let alone find one, that is how bad he was!
I KNOW who it was, the ferret angels!!!  Those little messengers!!!  They
were all over the hospital! that day!!  Fiscus, Harley, Rusty, Zorro,
Athena, Odysseus, Roxie, Hondo, Mylo, Felicia, Diana, Angel, Pye, Tyson
Le Ferret, Nova, who spoke to me today :-) and many, many more!!!
They were everywhere, even though we didn't know it!!  They stayed till
they knew that Bandit was going to make it, even though we humans , were
not sure yet!!!  He was really gravely ill...a few left, others stayed to
watch, over Bandit, for there were other ferrets needing to be carefully
watched over, of course, and they knew now, that Bandit was finally
getting the care he had needed, in all the right doses, including the
meds, that were not administered through follow up/post surgicals.

I called first thing this morning, was told he was restless, but eating.
Was allowed to visit after all the surgeries were done, late morning, and
when we got there, he was still not far through the woods, and looking
very tired.  Well, we left, and i went back just before going to work to
sit with him, and got to HOLD HIM!!!  He ate for me, and took long draws
of water, and my BANDIT, he gave me KISSES!!!  LOTS OF THEM!!  Even so to
try and drag my lower and eventually upper lip under the towel he was
laying under, ( the temporary, hidey hole!) if you know Bandit, he used
to do that with my finger too!!!  So i knew he was coming back to me!!  I
got to hold him for awhile this afternoon, too.  His daddy went to visit
a 2nd time, while i was at work, before the hospital closed for the day,
he gave him kisses, but did not try to take his lip or nose to the hidey
hole ..  Bandit is far from full recovery, and will be medicated for the
rest of his life, since he has had bilateral adrenalectomies, i just thank
all of you so much for taking some time from your busy lives to think of
him, and hold him so close to your own hearts as you do your own furry
children.

Boy am i ever indebted to so many for SO MUCH, this and the past year,
for the support that was extended to me and my family, through the
thoughts prayers and support!!

Bandit is staying at least one more night for iv drip, to be sure he is
fully hydrated.  I am sure that Fiscus ferret was there counseling Bandit
about recovery...Dr. Regner was concerned about renal/kidney failure...
but his plumbing is working well, his output good!!!  He was at deaths
door that night and day before.  It may well have been the subq's that he
received that helped him hang on for just one more hour, or night, or day
or whatever was needed!  I am so thankful for you all...

I am sorry if i offend anyone.  I tend to get a little excited at times,
and then i can become so angry with life, and lash out, as i had with
Roxies death and dealing with it.  My heart told me, i could not wait,
like i had with Roxie, if i was going to save Bandit, i had to act
immediately!!!  I ask Roxie to forgive me everyday, and i am sure that
she smiles down on me, for the fact that i have learned something, with
the price she paid.  sometimes it is a very painful learning experience,
but are not those the ones that stay with you the best?

Once again, i have been so blessed, when there have been others of you,
who have had to suffer with losses, like battlefields strewn with broken
hearts.  I CARE, please believe that, if i could, i would do and give
everything that each and everyone of you wished for, hoped for, prayed
for, and your friendship, love and caring are more than i could ever
forget.  Kim, you have your own special little angel on assignment now.
Let her be your guide in safeguarding those in your care, from here on.
Remember United we stand...and this is a wonderful group to be a part of.

with much love, respect, and gratefulness,
Donna/Bandit/Eppy/and the Kenosha Chapter of the Wisconsin Weasels