Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:31:43 -0700
Debra Evans wrote in yesterday's FML that she has found Yesterday's News
litter and likes it...

Couple of things to comment on:

>then went to the mix of wood pellets (seemed awfully big to me) with
>alfalfa pellets.

Never, ever, use alfalfa pellets as litter.  They are a breeding ground
for bacteria, not to mention they stink when wet and even more so when wet
from urine!  Wood pellets by themselves are the best litter on the market
now for ferrets.  Inexpensive, clean, absorbs odor and not harmful to
ferrets, contrary to what some people here on the FML would like you to
believe.

Now...to Yesterday's News.

If one likes YN, you haven't made a bad decision!  The stuff is good, as
litters go, but...EXPENSIVE!!  Oooh Boy....I would be broke in a week if
I used it.  So..here is a solution for you if you like YN.

Call around to the ranch and farm centers in your area and ask about a
product called Crowne Animal Bedding.  It comes in 50 pound bags that run
approximately $15 to $20.  It too is a recycled paper product, pelletized.
It too absorbs odors and absorbs 4 times its weight in fluids, does not
harbor or support bacteria growth, and is easily disposed of...ie: flush
it down the toilet!  I have used it for years with my rats and mice and
the odor is very minimal.  (And..at one time, there were over a 1000 of
the critters in my breeding area!)

An alternative to a very good, but expensive product, Yesterday's News.

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  [And soon Artemus]
In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and Garret)