From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:30:29 -0500
Frisky, a sable female, is my favorite.  She was Norman's first ferret.
Came to us as a baby and has been the sweetest girl  Gives lots of kisses,
sleeps with Norman, looks so cute when she digs in plants and when she
hides her little stuffed dog.

Sassy, a silver, shelter recue is my favorite.  She is such a tiny girl,
but lives up to her name.  She rules the roost - lays down the law to any
ferret who doesn't do what she wants.  She is very sweet to people and a
great dancer - loves to play.  But shen she sasy its time to rest - the
others know to leave her alone and when she wants to play, they know it's
useless to try to sleep.  It took the longest time to find a treat she
liked - but nutrimalt and petrimalt finally got to her.  Now she tussleds
with the rest of them to get her fair share of this great treat.

Rascal, an big albino male (pet store rescue) is my favorite.  He is
fearless.  No distance is too great to leap, no pose is too rediculous to
be caught in.  The look he gives you saying " Yeah, I'm clumsey, so what?"
He was a biter (especially liked to nail you on the back of the head or
ear, but he seldom bothers us now - just occasional nips on toes and
ankles.  He is always ready to play and loves life.  He is so much fun to
watch (when he tires to hide the swifter mop under the couch or when he
tries to make off with the remote control.)

Bandit, a small, sable male is my favorite.  He came to us, given up by
his owner who no longer had the time to give him the care he needed.  His
name was Otis, but he didn't respond to it.  We named him bandit because
he stole our hearts and any soda cup he could find.  He is the best War
Dancer - jumping so high!  He also has a cute butt as he tries to head
down between sofa cushions.

Mittens, a white marked sable male is my favorite.  (one of a pair
abandonded at a Pet Store by their owners.) He is so pretty (Yeah, I know
Mittens is male - but he is pretty.  He has thick shiny hair and the most
striking white marking on his face and paws.  He also is very sweet and
easy going with everyone.  He is a thief, big time, but he is obvious
about it.  No sneaking around for Mittens.  He knows he is too cute - for
us to get mad at him and he loves get the other ferrets (especially)
involved in his escapades.

Patrick, a dark chocolate, black nosed male is my favorite.  (the other
one of the abandoned pair) He appears so solomn and gets up onto and into
everything.  He is always ready to help Mittens with stealing and hiding
things.

May, a deaf, light silver panda?older female (shelter rescue) is my
favorite.  She was so afraid of people and such a bad biter when we go
her.  Now she free roams my room (she doesn't get along with the other
ferrets), sleeps with me and is my buddy.  She gives occasional kisses
and loves cuddling and getting treats.  It is so much fun procrastinating
getting ready in the morning - becuase I have to toss her on the pillows
a few more times - or throw the sheet over her so she can jump out at me.

Curious George, a deaf sable blaze male is my favorite.  He is my new
baby and has claimed my heart.  He plays nice with me, is ticklish, and
is slowly getting introduced to May (I'm hoping they will be become
buddies?).  He is so cute and fun to watch, especially when he is in
Norman's boots - head down - butt up!  He is so tiny and can poof his tail
up soooo big!

Baby,a sable, shelter rescue male is my favorite ferret angel.  He was the
sweetest, most gentle ferret.  He tolerated anything and everything and
seemed happy until we lost him to what was probably a bone marrow cancer.

Handsome, a dark sable, shelter rescue (former breeder) male is my
favorite ferret angel.  He was a big boy and loved his girls.  He would
follow Sassy, Frisky and May around talking to him.  He also loved stuffed
toys - not just to hide - but to play with.  He played with toys more than
any ferret we have had.  He roll over and over holding his ball and he
would cuddle and sleep with his stuffed bear.  He had cardiomyopathy, but
didn't seem to realize how fat he was.  When the girls ram over something,
he would try to follow - usually getting stuck on top for a minute, before
scrambling over.  He gave us lots of laughs.

Ferrets are good for the heart and soul - I'm so glad my son talked me
into him letting get just ONE almost 5 years ago.

Linda
and Norman & the 8 furry heart thiefs:
Frisky, Sassy,  May, Rascal, Bandit, Saint Patrick (Paddy), Mittens, and
the new blaze Kit
from Lawrence, KS
with Baby and Handsome watching from the Rainbow Bridge