From:
Pam Sessoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:50:34 -0400
I spoke with Diane Campbell of Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven yesterday.
She started the day by adopting out two ferrets and then received really
bad pathology reports back on several ferrets who had just had surgery
recently.  I think her heart broke over those reports.  We've been posting
recently about the 25 intact breeder ferrets that FGRH just took in and
how FGRH already had 40-50ish ferrets in the shelter.  Needless to say,
Diane is overwhelmingly, overflowingly SWAMPED and pretty much completely
out of space and time.

FGRH is closed to incoming ferrets temporarily, until some of these are
adopted out.

Good news!  The breeders are coming along MARVELOUSLY, regarding their
social skills.  They bite less and less as they are becoming unafraid of
handling.  They are learning about blankies and litter areas too!  These
are going to be really, really nice ferrets.  They are gorgeous!  Here is
a chance to adopt a ferret that wasn't spayed/neutered while only a few
weeks old.  Several of them are 7-8 months old and will be the first to
be spayed/neutered, so that they can be adopted quickly.

There is now an account in place at Timberlyne Animal Clinic in Chapel
Hill for FGRH, and especially the spay and neuter surgeries.  Dr. Lauren
Powers has cut an especially good deal to get these breeders spayed and
neutered, examined, and vaccinated.  I think Timberlyne will take a credit
card over the phone, and donations are much, much appreciated.  Please be
patient with the front desk folks - all of them are very nice, but this is
a hectic clinic, and they have lots of different desk staff, and they
won't all know the inside scoop, so you may have to be patient.  Here are
the details:

Timberlyne Animal Clinic
110 Banks Dr.
Chapel Hill, NC,  27514
919-918-4000
Account:  Ferret Guardian Rescue
Acct number: 18205

Also, there is still need to work on this other account, for routine
medications purchases and such.  This one is close to Diane, while her
other vets are a little travel time away, so it would be great to get this
one in shape.

Animal Hospital of Statesville
181 Mocksville Hwy.
Statesville, NC 28625
Account Number:  5125
Make checks payable to Animal Hospital of Statesville, acct. 5125
(704) 872-3625

And of course, you can always send donations to FGRH itself:

Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven
111 Bay Berry Ct
Statesville, NC 28677
(704) 872-9538

The local club (TriFL) has some fundraisers in the works, but they will
take some time.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes to all,

-Pam S.