From:
Laura Ranalli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:41:32 -0700
Thank-you to all of those who replied with well-wishes regarding my new
ferret Spook.  I did recieve a few e-mails inquiring as to whether or
not Spook was deaf being as he is a panda.  Well I have been trying to
determine this and have come to the belief that perhaps he is.  He does
sleep very soundly (flat out on his back I may add!) and does not appear
to respond to any noises, no squeak toys, wiggle - giggle balls, etc.  He
does not flinch if you make a loud noise behind him or clap behind his
head.  This will not be a big adjustment for us as our DEW Max is deaf &
now that these two have something in common maybe they will learn to get
along better, keep your fingers crossed.  Thanks for pointing this out to
me as I had forgotten this is a quality of panda ferrets.

Laura, Mike
Max, Kiwi, Spook
Taz at the bridge