From:
Christopher Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:45:28 -0500

Suki Wrote:
>I can find no mention of them at
>http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ac/lists/lista.pdf so they may not be USDA
>licensed or inspected for even minimal health and safety standards
>for the animals.

Actually, they are right there alphabetically in the list as Ruby Mae in
New Sharon, IA and the status is active.  I get the feeling Ruby Hills Fur
Farm only sells through licensed distributors though and that they do not
deal to the public as a rule.  They are listed under the owners name Ruby
Mae and not under the business name Ruby Hills Fur Farm.

The skunk lady, Jane Bone, speaks very highly of them as "reputable
dealers" on her website http://fly.hiwaay.net/~remills/sap/s_stuff.html
leading me to believe the words "fur farm" are a cute name and not ment
to imply furriers or pelt suppliers.  I don't know this for fact.  I do
know that Angel came to me from Ruby Hill Fur Farm in New Sharon through
a petshop in Jacksonville, Florida.  I do know he has a delightful
personality and a loving nature.  But I have to admit..  his fur is nearly
twice as thick as the two MF ferrets I love and adore as well.  My two
MFers have longer guard hairs, and thinner undercoats, looking very much
like every ferret I've ever snuggled.  Angel has a more bulldogish body
with huge feet, shorter guard hair and a thick thick undercoat.  He's a
very solid ferret and his sister was even larger when they were in the
shop together at 11 weeks old.  I hear she has a biting problem and didn't
inherit his sweet disposition.

I too would appreciate any info anyone has on Ruby Hills Fur Farm.  I know
that after my experiences with Angel, I would not hesitate to buy another
fuzzbutt from them.

Christopher & Crew
http://www.christopher.bennett.org