From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:09:00 -0500
HI Folks,
Another AM visit to Dr Winnie,
We were able to draw off more fluids today-- he is still a leaky guy  all
his beds are in the dryer! :(

Bear is a remarkable ferret that has lots of love to give & just won't
quit.  We haev seen this over the years as he has been the warm ambassador
to shelter residents!  Dr Winnie is amazed at him.  He is very pale, but
bright.  He had a nosebleed last night and it most probably is a signal
that soon he will leave for a better place ( though I think he should stay
another forever years!) .  In his last few weeks he has grown very
unsatisfied with caging -- so Bear lives in the bedroom where shelter Mom &
Dad have scattered newspapers for his deposits!  He freely roams there --
has a pile of cuddly sacks & blankies that his secret Santa's sent him -
his own bowls for fresh food & water which he eats and eats & eats... but
of course never gains any weight.  He won't give up easily-- loves his
time, hugs, being held- still gives the best kisses ever.  He venture to
the kitchen to raid the cheerios bowl twice daily and still loves nutrical
and ferretone.

The vet was very direct in telling me to continue administering the B17
injections nightly -- she feels that has made a difference in the quality
of life he is enjoying since they were started.  Please direct some
positive thoughts and energy in his direction -- he has a week to go until
his eighth birthday-- it would be wonderful to hold a celebration for him
next Thursday on shelter helper night!  Those who need directions or other
information on shelter helper nights feel free to email the above addy!

I am sure he would love to have some Bear questions to answer in the next
column-- so please confer with your fuzzies and email them on to see
what he can come up with in the next newsletter!  Soon he will need to
relinquish his reign as mascot -- we should let him bathe in a little of
the limelight first!

Alicia
Shelter Mom at Ferret Wise Shelter
www.ferretwise.org