From:
Christopher Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:42:13 -0500
On the subject of seasick fuzzbutts, my own "Angel" took a few hours
adjusting to the fact that the floor kept moving..  he sort of walked on
his belly... the first few hours at sea, each successive voyage has taken a
few minutes of adjustment.  My poor siamese cat "Buffy" was not so lucky
losing his lunch and his bowels on his first and only trip.  Ferrets seem
to be much more adaptive to changes in their surroundings.  Think it must
be that, "life is really just a big game anyway" attitude we all know and
love.  So my two cents, take a couple short trips with the girls so your
not commited to get from point A to point B and they are exposed to the
noises and movement of being underway.  Think you will find they love it
once they actually have sealegs and nothing can replace the time you lose
being with them if you are boarding them.

My two cents on the bathing, wow what a difference food can make!  On
Kaytee Fiesta, Angel always smelled of urine.  A very uneducated me was
bathing him once or twice a week.  Noticing he prefered Buffy's Iams
Catfood anyway, I stopped buying Kaytee (mistake number two) and fed him
catfood..  immediately the smell got much much better and we were only
bathing every couple of weeks..  I accidently bumped into "Totally Ferret"
on the internet and learned the error of my ways, not able to find their
food locally I did find one that met the requirements and suggestions they
provided called Sheppard&Greene... now Angel doesn't get a bath unless he
gets really dirty on a field trip outside..  he just doesn't smell bad
unless I've bathed him.  NO Fish products and keeping the crude fiber under
3% seem to be the big factor in stinky fuzzbutts and stinky stool.  Not the
expert here, but definitely learning.

Hugglepounce
Chris & Angel