Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:55:48 -0500
>I was thinking it would be difficult for the Fish and Game Gestapo to
>argue against the idea of legalizing ferrets that are FIXED.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?  Every effort to legalize ferrets in
California has included requirements that ferrets be neutered and
vaccinated for rabies and distemper.  The DFG has aggressively opposed
every bill.

At one time (about 15 years ago I'm told), it was possible to get a permit
to own a neutered male ferret.  DFG decided it was too difficult to tell a
neutered male from a whole male, and discontinued the permit program.  (Of
course, DFG also can't tell a ferret from a weasel, but that's another
story.)

>One reason my husband didn't accept a job in CA is that our furries would
>be fugitives.

Please write Governor Gray Davis and tell him *exactly* that.  Ask him to
 support ferret legalization!
    Governor Gray Davis
    State Capitol Building
    Sacramento, CA 95814