Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:45:11 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> CALIFORNIANS, IT'S TIME TO START WRITING!

Right on, Jeanne!  Each person should *also* call their reps offices.  My
State Senator's office staffer was shocked that I had bothered to call.
This time, I'm going to schedule an appointment to meet with my reps.
After all, I'm paying their salaries.

I encourage everyone in California to get at least five friends to write,
and distribute posters to five pet stores *and* five vets' offices.  (Ten
of each if you're really serious.)

Several people have had trouble downloading or printing out the poster.  If
you have trouble downloading the poster, drop me a note and I'll email it
to you.  If anyone knows how I can make the poster easier to access or
print out, let me know.  I thought making a .pdf file out of it would be
more compatible, but it balloons up to 8 meg when I convert it.

Jaime De Castellvi wrote:
>I just wonder if there may be anything that non-California residents might
>also be able do to help

If you don't live in California and want to help, you can still (1) write
to the governor (this will be even more important as the bill moves through
the legislature), (2) send stamps or stamp money to Jeanne, (3) get your
friends in California to write, (4) write to major companies you do
business with and ask them to support ferret legalization in CA.  Petco,
Petsmart, Marshall Farms, Superpet, Totally Ferret and others sell
literally millions of dollars worth of ferret products in CA.  Some of them
(especially Marshall) have made an effort to help legalize ferrets in CA.
*All* of them could do more.

Thanks,

Joe
----