From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:42:35 -0500
Hello,

I am so upset to hear of Anne's computer being hacked.  That might very
well explain how all of this got started.

On 1/19/01, a post appeared on the NJFerrets egroup, from someone using
the email [log in to unmask]  [I'll neither confirm nor deny that. BIG]
They also posted to the FML with the same allegation, but then requested
that their mail not be posted.  They were the first to question my
integrity when it came to the donations and funding.  Last night I was so
upset; I was determined to figure out who was doing this to me.  I searched
that person's posts on the group's archives, since when it was posted I was
not yet a member, and I found the originating IP in the headers.  [After
tracing] I recognized that email address, but not right away as to who's it
was.  I searched my email program and found that is where Anne's work email
came from...my heart sunk.

I have since learned that Anne's home computer has been hacked, and I guess
her work one has been, too.  I spoke to Anne today on the phone and she
assured me that it was not her who sent the post.  I have also been
receiving "pings" that originate from Chubb, and I've alerted Anne of this
too.  Apparently, there must be someone who works where Anne does who
really must hate me, and want to ruin my reputation.

I hope that whoever has done this is pleased with themselves.  They've
turned me into a depressed mess, and made me not trust anyone on the
internet.  Their attempted slander and doubt casting has worked in the
sense that I now will not be forwarding any more of my bills to SOS for
reimbursement.  To stop any further harassment (of me) and illegal activity
(hacking of others), I have decided to simply pay them all myself and stop
anyone's "confusion" over my honesty and integrity.  I'd rather pay my
vet bills out of my own pocket than with my reputation.  If any one would
personally like to view my vet records including the ADV results, please
email me at [log in to unmask] and I will happily send you a copy of
anything you wish to see.

Thank you,

Kim Rushing
KiSta Ferret Shelter