Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:20:33 EST
Hi,

We are relocating from Michigan to Lakeland, FL and have run across a
problem.  Up here, I operate a small ferret shelter.  In part due to the
shelter (and in part because I can't resist), I am currently housing 13
ferrets and do not anticipate a drop in that number before we move.  We
also have 3 dogs and 3 cats.  The ferrets and cats are indoor-only animals,
and obviously make little to no noise.  The dogs go outside and will be
restrained by way of a fence or by a leash.  The dogs are not allowed to
go outside and bark.  They are indoor dogs who only go out to relieve
themselves.  ALL the animals are spayed/neutered and current on all shots.

OK, here's the problem: We found a wonderful house in a nice development.
I just found out that they have a restriction on the number of pets you
can have.  You cannot keep more than 3 total animals.  Has anyone else
encountered this problem?  What, if anything can I do about it?  The board
members cannot change this without an overwhelming majority of the neig
hborhood voting for the change.  This house is just about perfect right
down to the fact that the owner doesn't want to leave until June (when we
would be moving).

Can anyone give me some advice??

Thank you!

Kim