From:
Kara Ceraolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:30:07 EST
Hey, everyone!

I was given a cute, chubby silver mitt MF kit last summer.  He was probably
born the first week of June.

From the beginning, he always had slight eye troubles.  Nothing serious,
but his eye appeared irritated (red or teary) at times.  I talked to the
vet about it when I brought him in for vaccinations.  She looked at his eye
more closely and concluded that for some reason (the name of which I can't
recall, she said it was seen occasionally in dogs) his eyelid was slightly
curled under so that the eyelashes were always touching his eye, and that's
why it was irritated.  She said he might grow out of it, but otherwise it
could be corrected with minor surgery.

Well, since he's well-grown now and it's just killing me to see him crying
all the time, I've made an appointment on Wednesday to consult with her
again about having the surgery done.  So I'm just wondering if anyone else
has heard of the problem, or if anyone has any comments (relating to ferret
surgery or prep, their eyes, this specific problem, anything) that might be
helpful in my conversation with the veterinarian.

Thanks in advance!

Kara
(under the supervision of Bennett, Bianca, Merlin, Anakin, and Amidala)