From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 06:57:54 -0000
Dr. Williams wrote:

>You mentioned also a ferret that has "possible EE" - how was that
>diagnosis arrived at?  Bloodwork or biopsy?

EE hasn't 'officially' been diagnosed nor has bloodwork been a strong
indicator of such.  Biopsy has been suggested, however, I do not feel
completely comfortable with surgery since nothing points strongly to EE
right now.

Food allergy is/has been suspected, which, I believe, is where the idea
of EE (allergy induced) came from.

I've read that Ivermectin has been used to treat EE, hence, my question.
The veterinarian prefers to go in and biopsy tissue, but I'd like to see
if there's any response to Ivermectin first.  The veterinarian seemed
uncertain regarding its use if certain conditions, known or unknown, were
to exist.

I now plan to try the Ivermectin first.

Thanks for your time and for answering my question.

[SH]