From:
Ann Hehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:03:26 EST
Hi all

First of all, thanks so much to all who responded to my previous post
asking about results and/or problems from bilateral adrenal surgery.  I
received several and all were positive.  I tried to respond to everyone
who wrote but if I missed anyone I am sorry.

Cinnamon is scheduled for right adrenal surgery tomorrow, Tues, 1/9/01.
Light candles, say prayers, whatever your choice that she comes through
this ok.  I am very concerned, as I always am, about her going under
anesthetic and then the surgery itself.  But my vet and I feel that this is
the best course of treatment since the Lupron must be losing it's potency
since she is starting to lose hair again at the base of her tail and it has
only been 7 weeks since her last 4 mo depot injection.  She hadn't lost any
hair (after getting it back, of course) since going on the Lupron in 10/99.

Someone questioned about whether we were sure she had right adrenal and
the response is as sure as we can be as she was about 75% bald in the fall
of '99 and regained her hair after 2 injections of Lupron.  She had more
pronounced symptoms this time than she did when she had the left adrenal
removed at age 3, she is now 3 months shy of 6 yrs.  Anyway, please keep
her in your thoughts.  I will post later about how she does.

Ann and Cinnamon, Jillian, Wriggley, Zoey and greatly missing Sabrina and
Pepper.