From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:23:09 -0600
I have a question that I hope someone out there can help me with.  As you
all know, My Socks has a right adrenal, deeply embedded in the vena cava.
I wrote to Dr. Williams and he suggests I find someone to do surgery-that
the Lupron isn't going to help and we need to get things done and make sure
he has insulinoma.  The Purdue Vet clinic doesn't do cryosurgery, doesn't
seem to want to do surgery on him.  They've already told me the surgery
would be $800 and they don't think Socks will survive.

Does anyone there know a vet close to Lafayette, Indiana, that does
cryosurgery at a reasonable rate, or is good at right adrenal surgeries?
I need to contact the vet if so.  Socks goes in for another ultrasound
on Tuesday-at least this time they're going to do it under the learning
portion and this one I won't have to pay for.  I've been saving money for
Socks from my part-time job, and if needs be I'll pick the hours back up
there to help get the money quicker.

If you know of a vet near me, please, let me know.  I'll be watching my
email on and off at home tomorrow.

Thanks,

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and =
 taste good with ketchup"