From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:06:26 -0500
Scooter's home.  It was a more than $1,500 furball when you include the
various tests.  Threw off his liver, caused nodes to enlarge, etc.  Just
glad it's probably not lympho, though we still have to wait for pathology
to come in.

He wants to kiss and wants to see everyone, esp.  Ashling, so we have done
small visits but he really needs his rest.

He bit the vet.  We've never in all these years had that happen before, but
Scooter is someone who panics, always has been, perhaps because so much of
his early life had involved pain due to that bad paw from the beginning,
and perhaps because of his already having had two surgeries involving that
paw (which has been fine for a good long while now).  When you look at
everything over the years with him (He's going on 4) he's an expensive
ferret, but we always expected high expenses for him because he came here
free due to his existing medical problems, so that's fine.  Besides, he's
precious so it's fitting.

It is so good to feel his little kissies again.  I sat down in the master
bathroom which is now his room for as long as he needs, and despite the
long incision he climbed right up in my lap, and was trying to stay awake
while his body was trying to make him sleep.  It's been a few days since
surgery, of course, but he couldn't come home till his digestive tract
could handle water and then food.  Yesterday he managed the fluids, and
today he managed the solids.

Because he grooms everyone diligently and because the standard levels of
furball meds didn't work for him he will be on daily furball meds, even if
he winds up needing a purse-string to handle that.  Now the aspect of his
intestine becoming too used to daily laxatives has to take a backseat to
this known tendency on his part.