From:
Don Ruetten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:32:26 -0500
Hi List.
I'm hoping someone can give me some insight as to what might be going on
with my precious Slinky.

She was diagnosed about a month ago with insulinoma and adrenal disease.
She has been on 1/4 tablet of prednisone twice a day, and I have been
feeding her Bob's Chicken Gravy, which she loves.  The problem is that when
ever you pick her up she starts frothing at the mouth, as soon as you put
her down she stops.  I thought at first maybe it was because her blood
sugar had dropped but giving her food or a bit of syrup didn't make any
difference.  I have talked to my vet and she is at a loss as to what is
going on.  She suggested a full work up including x-rays to see if maybe
something else is going on.  I can't see putting her under anaesthetic for
blood work and x-rays at this point as she is 8 1/2 years old, and she is
in no way a candidate for surgery.  If I lost her while she was under, I
would never forgive myself.  She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.
She still plays some and is a good little eater.  It's just this frothing
thing that I'm wondering about.  So if anyone has any ideas I would love to
hear from you.

Thanks in advance
Cathy Ruetten

Cathy and Don Ruetten