From:
Shannon Crum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 22:57:03 -0800
>Hi i am a first time ferret owner and i was wondering if ferrets are
>better in pairs or multiples?  I have a 6 month old female sable named
>Peanut, she is perfectly happy but i think she might be even happier with
>a buddy.  I welcome all suggestions and thank you for then.
>
>[MS]

Dear, Anonymous:

Only you can say what is the right number of ferrets for you and your home.
I do believe than my babies are happier when they are paired off.  My first
ferret, Sebastian, was okay playing with me but when we got him some
playmates, he was in total heaven.

It has been my experience that it's best to keep ferrets in multiples of
two.  When there is an odd number, someone is always left out.  Right now,
there is always an odd fuzzball or a fuzzball that is getting
double-teamed.

By the way, if anyone knows of anyone looking for someone to adopt a female
ferret around 3 or 4 months old in Louisiana, let me know.  Right now I
have three boys and two girls and I know Bailey could use a little playmate
his own age.  Thanks,

Shannon and the Cyberfuzzie Furbrats!
 Bailey, Sebastian, Molly, Felicia & Sonny.