From:
Marge Szelmeczka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:56:47 -0600
Today is 01/01/01
Went to bed last night with tears in my eyes praying Lord let this year
end.  I cried for my losses were many and heart wrenching.  From Dec. 14,
1999 to Sept 4, 2000, seven had left my care to return to the Lord.  All
held a special place in my heart.  Why me Lord?  Why me?

Then at church, new years morning, I realized my losses were not as great
as the one I already taken in and the one which came tonight.  Both the Mom
of the Foster Ferret, who parted with him to prevent him from going into
depression and tonight, Cotton whose daddy could not have him living with
him.

John called me on Christmas asking if my shelter took in Ferrets.  He asked
if I was near the Scott AFB, IL.  My answer was yes.  Tonight, John brought
Cotton.  Cotton was as soft and sweet as his name.  John can't have Cotton
in his new military apartment.  But happily for Cotton, John is not
abandoning Cotton.  As John forced himself to leave you could hear in his
voice the tears being held back.

My losses were with the Lord and yes my heart aches, alas there is nothing
that can bring them back.  But for Foster's Mom, she gave him up out of
love and the ache will always be there.  For John, he will go to an empty
ferretless apartment, with his only consolation is that he can always call
about Cotton or come over.  But it will never replace being there with him.

May the peace, joy, and happiness of the new born Shepherd be you and yours
this coming year.

Margie
Samson's Ferret Rescue