From:
Deborah DuVaLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:54:10 EDT
Well Hello Ferret Moms & Dads..

Hope youre fuzzies are doing well.Been a while since i posted but i wanted
to drop a quick tip for those who might need it..I of course give my ferret
treats..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lately GRACIE has taken a liking to cranberries{dried} of course..I was
watching the food network and seen where some spices was being put into
an electric coffee grinder.This set me up to putting the dried cranberries
in my grinder.The peices are very fine and become moist.Before i would have
to sit for a while and snip the cranberries into shreds with full size
scissors.While my lil fert was smiling at me from the corner of her black
lil eyesSaying in her lil voice "SUCKA".  I give gracie a special diet of
{cherrios, grape nut 0's,kitten chow,dried banana's & cranberries}She
enjoys it and has had no problems with her health from it.she only gets a
tablespoon of that mix daily then of course has her dry feed as standby.

Well on another note i have just introduced a kitten to my home.  Poor thin
weighed at 1 pd skin and bones an was left for dead.  Was a wild lil cuss
but with lots of love,patience,and undying devotion,I had to have it for my
very own after about 3 weeks of bribing the lil kitty and ambushing it into
the house He is mine now.Now all of a sudden his sister is on my door steps
wilder than he is.  I have nursed him to full health and he re-=pays me
kindly by love and kitten kisses.  He is really the sweetest kitten i have
ever seen or had the pleasure of owning.He now lives by the name CHEETAH.
was so funny because i first named it SHEBA thinking it was a girl
SURPRISE.The hubby suggested calling it HE-bah but i said naaaahhh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~QUESTIONS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(1) I was very concerned about how GRACIE<--my fert} would adjust.  It went
well..i was surprised to see how the kitten was afraid and how loving my
GRACIE was to it..Now i sit and watch them play then curl up for a blissful
nap together.

Sometimes she hises but i always keep an open eye out for her and the
kitten.  The kitten now has a new lil home and a playmate and i am very
pleased with both pets..The littermate is now approaching my door steps
this one is a female.  Does Kittens and ferts live well together is when
small raised up together?

(2) GRACIE is 4 and a half years old sable.  Very good temprament and a
ferret of her own.  She lives in her 4 story condo and is let out various
times during the day.  IF by chance {with winter coming} The {sister} to
the kitten i have adopted will she too take to the ferret?

(3) GRACIE is showing some grey hairs on the top of her head almost to her
shoulders.  I handle and loveher everyday but it sems like all of a sudden
this grey hair is there?  Kind of like for myself...lol-lol-lol-..Is this
what they call roaning -UH- and What is roaning?

(4) Will it be dangerouse to have a male and female kitten living together
[granted] i tame the other one.  I mean if they mate because they are from
the same litter [as far as i know] would the babies be ok?  or weird?  If i
get to tame the female and make her a house cat then i will have her fixed
of course but i wouldnt mind a litter of kittens,I have heard that the
female and male cant be together when kittens are present.  That the father
cat will kill the kittens.

I dont have to bring the other kitten in as a tamed house cat i am
perfectly happy with the one MALE i have took in under my wing.  He is
darling, Has a grey cheetah type coat with tabby stripes.  He is so
LOVING yall wouldnt belive this cat.  I ma sure the good lord gave him to
me.  He too like the ferret are a sweet lil bundle of JOY.

God bless all of GOD's keepers of his furry flock.

Mom & the Kat/Rat pack.