From:
Au Jennifer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1992 20:37:42 -0500
Chris,
   I posted this on Rec.pets and it was suggested that I also post it here.
Sorry it's long, but I hope it helps some of the newer owners out there.

[I appreciate the effort, but a lot of this has been covered before in the
list.  I'm also presently working on a FAQ issue about ferrets that I
will post once, and email to new subscribers.  I will probably merge in
a bit of your information into my FAQ if it is okay with you.  I also
received another similar message which was 4 or 5 *times* the size of yours.

For the moment, what I'm going to do instead is to recommend that EVERY
ferret owner should have a copy of:

    Ferrets, by Chuck and Fox Morton, Barron's Press
    or
    Ferrets, by Wendy Winstead, TFH.

These are reasonably recent, and cover all of this in great detail.]