From:
Brian Vinacco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 16:02:12 EST
I have been a subscriber to FML for a couple of weeks now.  I have enjoyed
the reading the experiences of other people are owned buy the infamous
"carpet- sharks".  The information I have gathered from all of you has been
greatly needed and appreicated.  I must say that everyone here seems to be
the most generous kind hearted people I have seen in a long time.

I have what I think to be a unique situation in itself.  I have recently
gotten a 1yr old sable male (mookie).  I have had him about 3 weeks now.  He
seems to have adjusted well to our home.  He is very energetic and playful.
No dooking yet, but I feel that is just a matter of time.  My SO and I are
even looking into adopting a friend for him at the local shelter.  I read
that they were contagious I just didn't realize how contagious they really
were.

Now for the unique part of this situation.  I have read several postings
where people believe that they have a zoo on thier hands.  Try this one on
for size: 1 (soon to be 2) carpet-shark(s), 11 snakes, 3 hamsters, 2 mice, 2
gerbels, & 1 fish.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with having both snakes &
ferrets before?  I know the obvious precautions to take, ie: keep them
apart.  The snakes are kept in locked reptile cages.  I was just wondering
if any one has any experiences/stories, good, bad, or other.  That might
prepare me for any unforseen problems or situations.  Thanks in advance for
any & all responses.

Brian Vinacco
Brian:          "Why is there an Ark parked outside"
Carla:          "Can't we have just one more??  Pleeaase!!!"
Mookie:         "What are those long things in the tanks up there??"
Snakes:         "Sssssssssss"
Mice,Gerbels,Hamsters: "Why do the snakes keep looking at us like that. :-0"