Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:34:38 -0700
From:
belphebe <[log in to unmask]>
Somebody please tell me how terrible car tires are for ferrets. I need
to convince my ferrets that soft, fabric hammocks are much nicer beds
than a stack of tires.

I have my snow tires stacked in my hall closet. Each tire was in a
plastic bag. All four tires are still in plastic bags, but the bags
have been shredded, so the little monsters could get inside the stack.
Instead of locking them out of the closet, I put a piece of cardboard
under the top two tires so I wouldn't have to reach all the way to the
bottom to retrieve the ferrets at bedtime.

I recently purchased a baby gate to keep the ferrets away from the
front door. This also means they can't get at the hall closet and the
tires. Lola managed to find her way over the baby gate so that she
could go and sleep in her favorite spot. Yesterday I stacked two of
the tires in the bedroom and when I came home, that is where they were
sleeping. Not in their hammock, not in the basket full of fabric under
the bed. In the tires.

At least Lola has lost interest in trying to get to the other side of
the baby gate. I don't even think Rio tried to climb over. He just
found other places to sleep, but then, he usually slept in plastic
bags on the floor, not in the tires.

However, I'm going to get rid of the tires soon, since they are just
taking up space (no car anymore).

Lola will not be impressed. Somebody help me convince her that this is
"for her own good".

Inez
ferret enabler.

[Seems to me they are just tired. (Groan....)  BIG]