From:
Sharon McLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:53:30 -0400
Well the time has come for my bad news... I have been on this list for 4
years now and you all have helped me through all my problems with Woobie
over the years.  He has been diagnosed with Liver and Spleen Cancer and my
vet said that he doesn't have much time left.  All I can do is make him as
comfortable as possible and let him go when he shows signs of suffering.
He took a bad turn 2 weeks ago.  Stopped Eating, Pooping diarrhea, became
very dehydrated and was grinding his teeth.  I was force feeding him and
injecting him with liquids, giving Pepto, Pepcid or Mylanta (Whichever he
wasn't throwing up on that given day) and antibiotics.  When I brought him
back to the vet 8 days later, he was worse.  He did an ultra sound and
saw all the cancer that spread out through his body and that's when He
suggested I put him to sleep.  I know Woobie is not in pain (at least I
Hope I know that he's not) so I asked for some heavy duty Stomach
Medication to ease his nausea.  They gave me Carafate.  This Stuff Is
Working WONDERS!  He is eating and drinking and is playing.  The vet said
that the stomach symptoms are because of the Liver Cancer, but it makes him
happy and he is living his usual Piggy Boy Life right now.  It may be just
buying some time, but I'm not ready to let him go.  As long as he has
Quality along with his Quantity of Life, that what matters most to me.
He may not have much time left, but he's spoiled rotten and will be Even
more until the end.  He knows he's loved and that Mommy and Daddy will be
heartbroken when he leaves us.  Please pray for my baby.  I know he doesn't
have much time, but what time he has left, Will hopefully be the best he's
ever had!

Rgds
Sharon (Smaccie)
Woobie, Princess, Mystic and Crystal