Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:52:42 -0500
HeyHeyHey,

I am personaly aware of this rescue and want to set a few things staight.
In the original post from the shelter it was not disclosed just what
shape this ferret was in!!!  Or all the circumstances involved.

The ferret was picked up from a third party who rescued it from the
military person's 16 year old girlfriend.  This person was aware of the
shelter and contacted DND immediately.  The ferret was discovered in the
gi's barracks and he had to get rid of the ferret.  He gave the ferret to
his 16 year old girlfriend.  The girlfriend's mother refused to buy the
ferret food, consequently this little one went without anything to eat
for a week.  He arrived at his resucers completely emaciated with sunken
belly, ribs standing out and grinding his teeth.  I imagine he had
already begun to eat his own belly from the inside out.  IMHO all three,
gi, girlfriend and MOTHER should be charged and prosecuted for what
happend to this ferret.  I imagine they were all eating while this little
baby starved.  GRRRRRR!!!

His rescuer immedialty started him on chicken gravy and every 3 hour
feedings and contacted DND.  Upon arrival, DND tried to get the
information as to the gi's name, the girlfiends name and the mothers
name.  DND was not provided with that information altho they asked
several times for it.  DND was being heavily pressured by me to press
criminal charges against all 3 parties.

The little guy is doing well for now and hopefully will not encounter
major medical problems down the road because of his near starvation at
an early stage in his growth development.  This whole case reminds me
yet again why I prefer the company of animals to that of mankind.

HappyTails,

Karen and the Scruff You Gang

"If you have men who will exclude andy of God's creatures from the
shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise
with thier fellow man."  Saint Francis of Assisi