From:
mark bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:14:59 -0800
I don't want to sound like i don't care , i do but do we really think
this guy was trying to hurt the ferret , i don't think so .  I do believe
his intentions were good but he might have bought the ferret then found
out that is was harder to take care of .  We all know there are people
who buy ferrets and with the best intentions but do harm through
ignorance.  If this guy was really ruthless he would have done something
to cover the whole mess up , i don't think we need to bring forth all
the ways he could have covered this up if he didn't care.  We must also
consider that this is a military person , detached from home and his
surroundings, probably feels alone and scared with all what's going on in
the world and found hope, love and attachment to this beautiful creature.

Let's try and find some place in our hearts to forgive , I'm sure he
feels very bad about the whole thing.  contacting the commanding officer
is a rather risky , I think this guy has been disciplined because if we
know about this then the command does to .  and if we choose to crucify
this guy don't we need to hammer every person who has made a wrong
decision because they just didn't know better?

And also remember , we need to support our troops for we are about to
embark on a very hazardous battle, one of mass destruction and countless
lives lost and this time i don't think it will be so one sided .  Hell ,
I wouldn't want to be there , would you!

As a side note , I served on the USS Mobile LKA 115 , it was a troop
support transport, there was a guy on our ship who kept a mouse he had
found on the base.  he kept it in his bunk locker, nobody reported it
and it was never talked about but when he brought it out after hours
many sailors would skip a bit of sleep to see and hold this mouse .
it meant so much to so many , a small piece of hope and compassion in
a hectic world .

As for me , I say let the guy be , but it's only my opinion.
Ferreterr