From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:45:56 -0700
Yesterday I became very worried about Illura.  Her back legs seemed very
weak-- she would run a few steps them flop over onto her hip.  She had
blackish diarrhea as well.  This came on very suddenly so I took her to
the emergency clinic last night.  She had mild hypothermia (which I didn't
understand since my apartment is always warm), and the vet tested her
glucose level to see if she had insulinoma.  Thankfully, that was normal
and I could take her home.  She's going to her regular vet tomorrow to get
tested for other things, and I am terrified.  Today her legs seem much
better although she still doesn't have any pep and isn't really eating.  I
have been giving her Ferretvite on the vet's advice, which she snorks down
like a fiend, but she doesn't have any interest in her regular food.  If I
were religious I'd be praying my heart out right now.

I know everyone on this list is very kind and supportive towards people
with sick fuzzies, and I don't want to sound like I'm begging for sympathy
but I could really use some kind words.  She is my first baby and I love
her with all of my heart.  I don't know what I would do if I lost her.  If
it turns out to be something like lymphoma and she needs surgery, I don't
know what I'll do.  I'm in a very tight financial situation as it is, and
an expensive surgery would not be an option.  God, that sounds so selfish,
but I just don't have the money.  I love her so much.  Could someone who's
had their fuzzies get sick tell me how to not go hysterical?  I've never
dealt with something like this before.  She really is like my child.  Lola,
my other one, is in perfect health (thank goodness).  They are both only
one year old.

Many thanks in advance,
Rachel, Illura ("oh no, not another doctor!") and Lola
("Hey Ilura, if you don't get up and play I'll sit on your head!")